Galley Kitchen Design- Brisbane
About the Galley Kitchen
This design is the style of kitchen preferred by most professional chefs - with everything just at your finger tips or step away. Incredibly functional and easy to work in, this style provides ample bench space around each major appliance.
The open ends of this kitchen provide a great flow to the space and allow for easy entry and exit. When both sides of the kitchen are built along walls, over bench cabinetry can be maximised to create extra storage opportunities.
Galley Kitchen Benefits
- Excellent use of the kitchen triangle
- Lots of workspace and cabinets on either side
- Great for small apartments with limited space
- Work benches on either side is highly functional
- Great for small kitchens
- Great for one cook to move around
- No clashing drawer, cabinet appliance openings
- Can have one side open as a breakfast bar
Galley Kitchen Disadvantages
- Can be a difficult space for more than one person working in the kitchen at a time
- Needs good lighting as can be dark - lights may need to be added under overhead cabinets
Interested in other Kitchen design layouts?