Laminate benchtops have been around since the 1950’s, and have undergone some dramatic changes since then. Also known as Formica or Laminex benchtops, they were recognised, at the time, as the revolutionary material for kitchen benches. Now, six decades later, and with immeasurable advances in technology, laminate benchtops are available in a vast range of designs and finishes, to suit not only the kitchen, but also the bathroom and laundry.
Laminex benchtops are extremely hard wearing and durable. Primarily, the material is made from a combination of kraft paper, melamine, resins and high quality print paper, where the image or surface finish is printed on to. These are all layered and fused together under heat and pressure to produce laminate. The finished product is available in a range of surface textures to suit every taste and decor; from glossy to satin, matt or textured.
The advantages of laminate benchtops
- Extremely cost-effective, a popular choice for budget conscious renovators
- Hard wearing and practical
- Easy to maintain; scratch and stain resistant
- Available in a wide range of colours, patterns and finishes, including wood grains and stone patterns
- Available in round and square edge profiles
- Suitable for the kitchen, laundry and bathroom
- Supported by excellent manufacturer’s warranty
Caring for products made of laminex
If your laminex benchtops and cabinets are cared for correctly, they will continue to look great for many years.
- Always use a surface protector or trivet for hot saucepans or dishes. Placing these items directly onto kitchen laminate benchtops will cause the material to blister and break.
- Always use a chopping board when cutting with a sharp knife, otherwise, it will cut the surface of your laminex benchtops, and this cannot be repaired.
- Regular cleaning with warm soapy water is all that’s required to remove stains and spills.
Haddon Kitchens can incorporate laminex benchtops and laminate cabinet doors into your next kitchen, bathroom and laundry renovation. For more information on planning your renovation see - Kitchen Renovations
Please Note - We do not supply benchtops only for existing kitchens or DIY renovations.